Sunday, May 15, 2011

“Clarissa, come on, I’ll come with you.”
Homer never went to church with me in the 20 years we’ve been married. But suddenly now that I do not go, he’s just dying to become a Christian. Well, good for him. I’m sure he’ll find peace in that. I however, I know better. There is no God. He does not exist. Now, it has nothing to to with the attack. But the attack is what made me realize that there is no God and I do not need to ask for some other-worldly power to come down and save me if I need it. I have supported myself and my husband for this long, it makes no sense that I should have thought that anyone or anything but myself would save me from the attack.
I was wrong. Nothing will save you from the world. There is never going to be anything to stop the world from coming down and hurting you. I thought it was different, but I was wrong. Now I know differently. Now I know that I am all there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment